Friday, June 15, 2018

Refugee

Hi everyone! We are ready to kick off #ElChat_BkClub 12.0 with our second novel, Refugee. This is an amazing story of three different refugee characters that I just know you will love! Once you get started, it's hard to put down. I put together a short video with info about this round and how it will work. I am recapping it here, so it's easy to access and all in once place. 

Video Highlights: 
  • Candyland game board-mark a space each time you answer a question or tweet about the book. Thanks to Tan and Rochelle for all the hard work creating the game board! 
  • I divided the book into four sections and we are reading about 75 pages each week. 
  • Weekly virtual coffee chats on Wednesdays or Thursdays...let me know if you'd like to join! 
  • Thanks to Rochelle Verstaendig, Michelle Makus Shory, Chris Tennyson, and Brandy Sue Alexander for volunteering to write questions for the chat. 
  • Questions will be posted on Friday for the following week.




Introduce yourself on our Flipgrid. Password is Refugee12.0Summer


Keep checking back to this post because I will be adding links to questions for each week as we go. 


1 comment:

  1. Katie, I am so excited about reading this book and being part of the discussion for so many reasons: #1 I have the time since it is summer vacation #2 I am confined to my house mostly except for my trips to PT or the occasional car drives for short trips to the store since my TKR. #3 I just love to read. This is my 5th book in 3 weeks. So far I have read: Itch, If The Witness Lied, Ellie's Story, and Milagros: Girl From Away. All these books are I have for my students to read so read them, which allows me to discuss the book with them.
    Katie,you are amazing and cannot thank you enough for putting this together as your school year was ending. and to all the others who helped with questions and the game board.

    ~Cynthia Lamas

    ReplyDelete

Making Content Comprehensible for Multilingual Learners-NEW edition of the SIOP book!

Please join us for #MLLChat_BkClub 7.0 featuring  The interactive notebook below contains all of the information you will need to participat...